Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seeing Things In a Different Light: Me as Tourist

16 Feb 2010.

Yes. Me as tourist at my hometown. Hmmm. How does it work?
Simple. Take a camera and look around with a blur face expression and be amazed by everything you see.

Well. Not for me. I know this land where I am standing (or rather sitting as I am in my room now), for more than 26 years. I wanted to re-discover my hometown, in order for me to refresh my memories and getting new experience, of living in my own hometown.

I got nothing much to do, so after my dinner, I went to pick up my cousin. That dinner with my mom and family, which is another round of re-union dinner, but this time more like a "thank you" dinner and appreciation for my family. Not a bad restaurant but they can do much better I think. I waited 1 HOUR for my dinner. I almost walk out of the restaurant, just that I can't as my family is with me. Gosh! Otherwise, everything is just fine.


[Together with Charles & Joel (the naughty one), at the place where I used to call home.]
After I picked up my cousin, Susan. 3 of us went round. Initial plan was to go Sampan but in the end, we end up at Jonker's Street. Yupe, we went round looking for food and drinks, and decided that Geographer's Cafe is stil our choice. After that we continued to walk around and went straight to have some Satay Celup. Nice!

[I like this lattern a lot, very "olden days" feel, but I am not sure what was written.]
[I really like the red lattern decorating the whole of Jonker's Street, very "CNY".]
[Some of the stuff sold @ Jonker's Street. Which I find some, quite bearable and pretty, the rest, please find a dustbin and throw it away. Matter of fact, I have new glasses!]
[The door and deco is simple and nice! Straight to the point. :-D]
And, because my bro havent really eaten anything, we went for Satay Celup. Super nice too!

[Enjoying Satay Celup, re-discovering my hometown, through FOOD! Hahaha! And, I like my new spec!]

regards,
zhumau

No comments: